suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

#16thingsithoughtweretrue

#16thingsithoughtweretrue - Janet Gurtler I received this ARC via Netgalley in return for an honest review.

If you follow my blog, you probably follow me on Twitter. So you probably know that in the last year, I have become something of a fan of the social media, in some ways liking it more than Facebook. On Facebook, there is always this pressure to project an image of myself that matches what people see me in real life see me as. It is careful, planned, and practiced. But on Twitter, I kind of just let it all hang out. I am much more apt to tell strangers how it is than I am people I have to look in the eyes.

And this is very much what #16ThingsIThoughtWereTrue is about. A young girl, Morgan, is dealing with the fall out from a video of her dancing in boy's underwear to "Sexy and I Know It" while working at an amusement park. A chance encounter with a co-worker in the bathroom (Amy) leads her to chance encounter with (Adam). After Morgan finds out her mother is seriously ill and in the hospital, Morgan finds herself falling down the rabbit hole of her life. While her real life is filled with snickers and rude comments, and the loss of friends, her internet life is booming. Having over 4,000 Twitter followers, Morgan spends her life in the world of 140 characters.

Scared that she may die, Morgan's mother tells her the information she has desperately wished and hoped for all her life -- the name and identity of her father. After quickly becoming friends with Amy and Adam, Morgan finds herself on a crazy road trip to meet the man who left before she was ever born. And the road trip to gaining the elusive 5,000 followers.

For the rest of this review, visit Such a Novel Idea.