suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

All My Life - Rucy Ban For more info, visit Such A Novel Idea!

Why You Should Buy It

If you like fast reads and romance, All My Life might be for you.

My Thoughts

*I received this e-book in exchange for an honest review.*

I've now read a lot of new adult/contemporary romances. So, I'm getting the 'pattern' down. This one definitely fits within that pattern. Girl has something bad happen/boy comes into her life/boy and girl fall in love (almost) at first sight/some secret threatens to rip their relationship apart. As long as I KNOW going into a book that is what you are going to get, I'm usually okay with it.

This book was sweet. It wasn't hot, steamy romance, but I think that's okay. Yes the two had an instant connection and got deep fast. Again, that can usually be expected in a romance book (I mean HELLO, it's romance!)

What I liked about the book: Kari's job choice, her friends at that job, and the masquerade party

There were some issues I have with the book. First off, I feel the sentence structure and some of the phrasings were difficult. I feel this has to do with the author not being from the US. Basically what I am seeing more and more is a different way of writing based on where you are from. I don't hold that against her at all, I just had a hard time with it. I do feel there were plot holes and issues that could be solved from another round of editing. The book definitely has potential, but it isn't 100% there yet.

Another issue was the ages. I am not sure why the main protagonist had to be so young, but she is 17 and her beau is 26. In some states that is illegal, so it was hard to understand the idea there. She was a freshman in college, but she graduated a year early, so obviously there was an intention behind the age.

The book is short (most I've been reading are around 330 pages and this one is about 155), so you will go through it quickly. Ultimately, it wasn't something I can whole-heartedly recommend, but I do know there is an audience out there for it.

Overall

Two point five out of Five Stars