suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover For more of my reviews, visit my blog Such A Novel Idea!

Why You Should Buy It

This book is quite amazing -- Colleen Hoover knows just how to reel you in, rip your heart out, and give it back to you slowly, one page at a time. I have yet to read something by Hoover I haven't immediately loved.

My Thoughts

OMG, another Colleen Hoover book doing something I haven't read before.

This book completely broke my heart -- it brought in heartache, and out 0f the blue twists and turns. I found my mouth wide open so many times.

The poetry in the book was amazing, and I wish Slam was something they had around here, because I think I would fall in love with its beauty just like Lake did. The play on words that Will uses in one of his prominent pieces had me not only in tears, but really thinking about the emphasis he put on death and life. And the use of the Avett brothers was like the cherry on top, it was a really great tribute to the band.

The writing was great -- Hoover is a top-notch author and knows how to get inside her character's heads. I read that this book was written during NaNoWriMo -- which is something that I aspire to do one day. The fact that she wrote this amazing piece of work in 30 days (and even used the book to promote NaNoWriMo in one of the slams) was awesome!

I honestly hope this book is picked up for a movie, it was definitely something that I could see on the big screen. Overall, I was thoroughly impressed, and knee deep in Will and Lake. I know that readers young adult and adults alike will love this story.

Overall

Five out of Five Stars