suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Die for Me - Amy Plum For more information, visit my blog, Such A Novel Idea.

Why You Should Buy It

This is the first book in Amy Plum’s paranormal romance series. While there are some similarities to the Twilight series, this book is a fresh new world of mythical beings. Set in the City of Lights, you will fall in love with Paris along with the characters of the book. Die for Me is sure to sweep you off your feet!

My Thoughts

This book was completely off my radar. I first saw it at B&N and was intrigued by the cover and the fact that I had never even heard of it. Then, I couldn’t get it out of my mind, so I broke down and bought it. BEST decision I’ve made in a long time!

We start with a tragedy — Katie’s parents have just died in a car wreck, leaving her sister Georgia to care for her. Having family in France, the girls decide to leave Brooklyn and move to Paris. Can I just say that I LOVE books set in International towns, but this one was by far one of my favorites. You can really get beyond the touristy scenes of the town and imagine what it is like to live there. And the author throws in a lot of French, but it isn’t so much that you can’t understand what is going on.

The book is well paced, written, and most of all, the paranormal concept was different from the hordes of vampire and werewolf books we’ve been seeing the last five years. I won’t give away WHAT Vincent is, but obviously he isn’t a ‘normal’ human. That being said, you will see SOME hints at Twilight-esque themes. I think nearly every book out will be compared to Twilight, Hunger Games, or Harry Potter in some way. It is inevitable — and if you are okay with that, this book will be a delight.

As with many teenage romances, some of the scenes are a bit eyeroll-y. The perfect bad boy and ‘I like him but I act perturbed at every turn’ girl isn’t new — but I think those little flaws can be overlooked for something that is quite spectacular.

Overall

Four point five out of Five Stars