suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Taking Back Forever - Karen Amanda Hooper Visit suchanovelidea.wordpress.com for more!

Why You Should Buy It

Book Two in the Kindrily series packs in just as much mystery, action, and romance as the first. Things heat up for the Kindrily family and new characters come to the forefront to tell more of the story. This book is just as magical, if not more, than Grasping at Eternity and will leave the reader breathless and wanting more!

My Thoughts

*I received this from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, courtesy of NetGalley*

I gotta say that I was looking forward to this book, but it still managed to blow my expectations out of the water. The book starts off just about where book 1 ended and the family is trying to help Maryah remember her memories. The process she goes through to remember her past is so interesting. And the fact that it was so related to her connection with Nathan — I kept getting swept up in the beautiful romance of it.

The premise of this story is still the biggest draw for me — a group of people who can choose not to reset their souls before returning to earth, thus remembering all their past lives. I was so fascinated by the back story of this book, and the Kindrily processes & powers. Everything wasn’t glossy and pretty — we really start to see what it means to have all that knowledge in your head. At first you think, how amazing would it be to have all that past, but Hooper shows the grief and embarrassment that can come with the joy and bliss of knowing the past. Just think — you have complete recall of every mistake and embarrassing action you took in not one life, but ALL your lives. Not exactly pretty, if you know what I mean.

I loved that the book shifted focus from just Maryah to the other characters. The first book had SO many characters in the background, and this one brought more of those characters to the forefront. I also liked how we got to learn so much more back story of these people and who they were – flaws and all. Harmony was such a dynamic character — book one left her so one-dimensional for the right reasons. But in book two we begin to peel back the gruff exterior and see what an amazing person she is.

There is genuine pain, happiness, sorrow, and grief in the pages of this book — Hooper really knows how to bring a character to life. Readers will love getting to know Harmony, Maryah, and all the other Kindrily. And my favorite part of the entire book had to be the ending. Hooper let the story end in the most creative way — it alone made the book. This series has quickly become one of my favorites.

If you haven’t read book one, Grasping at Eternity, check out my review here.

Overall

Four point five out of Five Stars