suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Melted Tears (The Outliers Chronicles) - Annabelle Blume This book may be short, but it does not disappoint! I wish I had read the first book, Frozen Heart, mainly because of how many great reviews it has. I do plan to go back and get it, because of how much I enjoyed this one.

Even though this book is short, it packs a punch. This ‘dystopian’ world was completely different than any other book I’ve read in the genre: a remote wilderness full of snow. Brilliant! Other than that, the rest of the world was set up like so many dystopian worlds: The Affinity rules over the people. Cressenda and her love, Beckett, take on the Affinity to save her parents from work/prison camps. To save them, the two become prisoners. So, the years she spent on her own, of course were washed away to get back her parents.

The characters were complex and the writing was superb. I was so wrapped up in the world, I just didn’t want it to end. The vivid imagery brought the book to life and that wasn’t always ideal (especially when describing death and sick people). Annabelle is an excellent writer and I cannot wait to see more from her.

I don’t want to give away too much more of the book, but I will say that I recommend it to anyone who loves sci-fi, dystopian, or romance. Be sure to start with Frozen Hearts so you get the whole story!

Rating: 4/5