suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Red Threads (The Fateliner Series #1) - Stacey J. Mitchell Read this review and more at www.suchanovelida.com

Why You Should Buy It

The red-thread theory isn’t something new, but Mitchell provides a unique spin on the idea that we are all connected. And the romance in the book isn’t cliche — it is something real and heart-wrenchingly beautiful.

My Thoughts

*I received this e-book in exchange for an honest review.*

When I promoted the cover reveal for this book, I knew it was something I was going to want to read. When Stacey J. Mitchell asked me to review to book, I was so excited! The book takes place in the UK, and focuses on Lily, a 26 year old girl who appears to have it all: nice family, live-in boyfriend of six years, great job at a museum, and a best friend who she can share a pint of Ben & Jerry’s with. However, quickly in the story the facade of that perfect life starts to dull: her parents are fighting and Lily isn’t sure if they will stay together. Her best friend is strangely aloof and seems to be going through something without confiding in Lily. Her boyfriend has admitted he doesn’t want to get married – ever. And her beloved museum is in danger of closing because it isn’t bringing in enough revenue.

Beyond that, Lily has a frightening experience on the train: in a flash of a migraine, she begins seeing red lines running through everyone she sees. Soon after, she is attacked by a demon and meets a man named Aver who says she has a special ability. I loved how Mitchell explained the ability and how Lily had to work hard to control the ability; it wasn’t something that came easily.

I would have loved to learn more about Aver and the other Fateliners. We were left a lot of foreshadowing that I’m hoping will be further developed in the coming books.

This book was so different than other books I’ve read recently. The typical cliche things you would expect to happen don’t. I found myself wondering “Why did she (Mitchell) do that?” and then realizing that it was the perfect solution. It wasn’t what I expected, but that made it all the better.

Overall, I highly enjoyed this book. I can’t wait to learn more about the world of Fateliners. The book was well written, well paced, and had me up all night reading!

Overall

Four out of Five Stars