suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

This Girl (Slammed, #3)

This Girl (Slammed, #3) - Colleen Hoover For more of my reviews, visit my blog Such A Novel Idea!

Why You Should Buy It

Just like the first book in this series, this book is quite amazing -- Colleen Hoover knows just how to reel you in, rip your heart out, and give it back to you slowly, one page at a time. I have yet to read something by Hoover I haven't immediately loved.

My Thoughts

*I received this from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, courtesy of NetGalley*

I started looking at this series as a cherry pie. Slammed was the crust, Point of Retreat the filling, and this the whipped cream and cherry on top. In Slammed, we get the foundation of Will and Lake and the family they built. Point of Retreat is the filler, what makes their relationship cement from a romance to a family. And this book is the whipped cream -- it isn't nessecary, but it sure makes the pie worth it.

If Hoover had never released this book, the first two could have easily stood on their own. But in This Girl we get the rare opportunity to look back and see what life was like from Will's point of view. We also get to see Lake and Will through their honeymoon and first days as husband and wife.

This Girl probably would have been better if I hadn't just read the first two -- as there were some obvious overlaps. But honestly, I didn't care. And the best part had to be the epilogue and the final poem by Will. Seriously, that was the best of the series.

Overall

Four out of Five Stars