suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

The Forgotten Ones

The Forgotten Ones - Laura   Howard You can find this review and more at Such A Novel Idea.

The Forgotten Ones is a book I’ve had on my TBR list for a looooong time, so I was excited to have the chance to be a part of the blog tour.

This book was such a fast read! I couldn’t believe how I zipped through it, partly because of length, but also because it was easy to keep reading and fast paced.

The story revolves around Allison: Allison is a young girl who lives with her mother and grandparents. Her mother, who was diagnosed with schizophrenia when she was pregnant with Allison. Allison’s grandparents have been taking care of the two since she was born, and Allison is ready to take over her mother’s care.

So of course, the pleas of her cousin Nicole and the attention of Ethan (quienticinal bad boy who turns good around Allison) are pushed off for the idea of becoming a responsible adult.

Despite the short length, the story was well thought out and the world building was flushed out. This is definitely a talent of the author considering it is a fantasy book at such a short length. The concept of this book was AWESOME! I definitely found myself wanting more. MORE, MORE, MORE.

The romance was similar to Finding Meara, in that it was there, but it was by NO MEANS the main focus of the book. I really enjoyed that a lot, although of course I wanted MORE (I feel like a more monster today).

Even though Allison is a bit older than the normal ‘young adult’ protagonist, she read just like a YA character. I think this book could be easily read by the younger YA audience, especially for content and language.

I’m not normally a fairy reader, but this book was just so engrossing and entertaining that it changed my mind. And I love that the faieries were not Tinkerbell-esque. The ending was great and I cannot wait to see what happens next!

Rating 4/5