suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare For more information, visit my blog, Such A Novel Idea.

Why You Should Buy It

This much-anticipated end to the Infernal Devices may just be Cassandra Clare’s best book yet. Though set in the 1800′s, there are questions answered that we had in the Mortal Instrument series. And it just might have some clues as to what we will see in book six of the MI series. Plus, we finally find out — Will or Jem?

My Thoughts

Everytime I see this book on my shelf, I want to give it a hug. It was just an amazing way to end this series. And that cover is by far one of the most amazing I’ve seen yet!

Clare really has come a long way in her writing skills. In City of Bones, I found myself cringing at the wording, especially at the beginning of the book. However, time and publishing many books is on her side and the writing in Clockwork Princess is some of her best yet.

I will say if you get the hard cover rather than e-book, DO NOT read the inside cover. The first edition comes with a family tree, and what that means is SPOILERS. Half way through the book, I realized what was going to happen when I found the tree and started reading. However, it was a GREAT thing to have once the book was over. It shows how the London Institute team of the 1800′s and the New York Institute of the present connect, by blood and otherwise.

There’s a lot of wrapping up and answers to questions from Infernal Devices as well as Mortal Instruments, so be prepared for a few heartbreaking scenes, as well as heartwarming. And we get to see Magnus in a much different light than in MI. If you didn’t already love this character, you will once this book is over.

Also, we find out the NY Shadowhunters were wrong about ghosts. I know we see this in book two, but I thought it was an interesting fact, since we see in MI several times the mention that there is ‘no such thing as ghosts.’

All in all, I was thrilled with this book. I would not have asked for it to end any differently, even if it was a bit unrealistic how things worked out for most of the characters. Also, I hope we can see more of the immortal characters in this book.

My recommendation is to read the first series (Mortal Instruments) first, especially the first three books. There are a lot of things that will make more sense, since the Shadowhunter specifics are more detailed in City of Bones.

Overall

Five out of Five Stars