suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin For more information, visit my blog, Such A Novel Idea.

Why You Should Buy It

The creep-tastic trilogy starts out with a girl who lost her friends and boyfriend, but it turns into so much more. The series deals with supernatural, PTSD, mental illness, teen romance, and science fiction. This book will leave your head spinning and you craving for more.

My Thoughts

I love a book that deals with mental illness in a way that isn’t overdone and trite. When done right, the reader feels for just a moment what it is like to deal with the illness. And this is just how I felt reading Unbecoming. I didn’t know what was happening and what wasn’t, and Hodkin leaves many of the events unlabeled as events, dreams, or hallucinations.

The teenage romance, albeit a little formulaic and reminiscent of other YA books, still had me smiling and hoping for the two to make it.

The writing was impeccable, the story-line was fast-paced, and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment, even if there are more answers to come.

Overall

Five out of Five Stars