suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Ghost Hand - Ripley Patton Visit Such A Novel Idea for more information!

Why You Should Buy It

This book steps out of the gate with an amazing story line, characters, mysteries, and thrills. It never slows down and rivals Hourglass, Open Minds, and Enclave for a kick ass science fiction book with a female protagonist.

My Thoughts

*I received this e-book in exchange for an honest review.*

This book. THIS. BOOK.

Sometimes when you read a book, you know you love it pretty much right away. And Ghost Hand was like that. It wasn’t even a chapter into the story, and I was already addicted to the brilliant story that Ripley Patton created.

First off, I had to Google PSS, because I was so convinced by the synopsis that it could be a real, true thing. When a book is THAT real, you know the story is going to be great.

I really liked Olivia. She was smart and didn’t trust Marcus right off the bat, unlike a lot of books I read. It’s refreshing when a girl doesn’t fall in love at first sight. And I love her snark! She is just someone I could easily see being friends with. And even when the story was at an intense moment, Olivia still managed to make me smile. On the other hand, Olivia’s mother was intense. I think teens can definitely relate to the tense relationship between the two.

I really look forward to learning more about PSS, what caused this to start happening in kids, and what the people trying to steal it want to use it for. I think this first book was story driven enough for me to not have to ask why we didn’t find out more about the ‘what it is’ and ‘why it is’. We knew what the protagonist knew — and hopefully we will learn more as she does and the story unfolds. I know I’m excited about this aspect!

The writing was great, the story was dynamic and well paced. This was just a well done book and I kept finding it hard to believe it wasn’t published through a mainstream publishing company.

I really love that Ghost Hand and Ghost Hold (book two!) were funded by Kickstarter! As Patton said, this allows the funds up front to make sure the books are done really well. And I can honestly say it was money well spent.

So — do not pass GO, do not collect $200, go directly to your favorite book website and order this book! You are surely in for a treat.

Overall

Five out of Five Stars