suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Poor Little Dead Girls - Lizzie Friend See this review and more on Such A Novel Idea!

Why You Should Buy It

Poor Little Dead Girls starts with a 'normal' teenager who is thrown into the life of the rich and famous when she attends boarding school. Part Gossip Girl, part conspiracy and secret society, this story will leave you reeling when you finally uncover all the truth.

My Thoughts

*I received this e-book in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley.*

This book was everything I was expecting and more. Sadie is a normal, average teenager, who gets the opportunity to attend an elite boarding school on the East Coast. Armed with a Lacrosse scholarship, Sadie is determined to use the experience to pave her way to college. Like you would expect, Sadie is thrown into the world of the rich and famous, all while sitting in her jeans and messy hair ponytail.

I have to say on a personal note, I could never have the guts to go to a school like that. Sadie knows she is going in as the 'scholarship kid', but she makes the best of it. She has British royalty for roommates and rich, catty girls after her spot on the team.

Then, Sadie is tapped for a secret society. The entire thing was obviously expected since it is in the synopsis, but the things that happen within the society are a bit shocking. Having no frame of reference, I can't say with all certainty that things were blown up for entertainment factor, but I can imagine things like this happening.

One thing that bothered me is the age group this book targets. The material is dark and mature. Now, I'm all about books with dark themes, but I think this could have happened in a college setting just as easily. Do keep this in mind when shopping for your teenagers.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book and it did keep me on my toes, wondering what was going to happen next. I found it an enjoyable read and think anyone who likes murder mysteries, books about rich girls and boys who do devious things behind closed doors, conspiracies, or boarding schools should definitely check this one out.

Rating 4/5