suchanovelidea

Such A Novel Idea

Six Months Later - Natalie Richards Read this review and more at Such A Novel Idea!

Why You Should Buy It

This creeptastic mystery will grab you by the lapels from the first word and won't let go until the very end. Six Months Later is everything to love in a great mystery thriller book.

My Thoughts

*I received this e-book in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley.*

There are some books that you have to get into to. You have to push through the first few chapters before the rewards pay off. And then there are those books that grab you from the first word. Six Months Later happened to fall in the later category. From the first moment I opened it, I was hooked. I spent the entire book confused, stomach in knots, wondering what was going on. This book was downright creepy!

The writing was great, but beyond that the story was so captivating. I mean, pages into the story she is waking up six months in the future, so you spend most of the book wondering what happened to this poor girl. The confusion, twists and turns were just enough to propel the story through to the end.

There is one other thing I want to mention about the book. I LOVE how Chloe realizes that all the changes in her life that everyone seems to love are just not her. She is a strong enough individual to understand that being things you aren't just to please others is not what life is about. And especially when she comes to the conclusion that the things she has to be to date a boy she liked aren't who she is, we really get to see what a mature and intelligent character we are dealing with.

As a person who normally figures the plot out early in a book, I was pleasantly surprised to NOT know what was going on for most of the book. I had all kinds of wild theories going on: pod people, aliens, mind control, comas, etc. Trying to figure out what was going on was just as fun as reading the book.

And even when you find out what is going on, there still isn't relief. I was so nervous, so invested in Chloe that I couldn't slow down until I knew she was safe. And that, my friends, is why I enjoyed this book so much. It was everything to love in a mystery thriller.

Rating 4.5/5